We are looking for a few good scarecrows!
We invite you to create a one-of-a kind scarecrow to display in Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park.Adult/Business winners receive tickets to the 2016 Moon Over Maclay Concert. Youth and People’s Choice winners receive cash prizes. Anyone can enter! Businesses, community groups, families, and/or individuals are welcome. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the Adult/Business and Youth categories. REGISTRATION DEADLINE OCTOBER 3,2016
- 1st place– 6 tickets to the Moon Over Maclay Jazz Concert, Sunday October 16, 2016 and 1 Friends of Maclay Gardens annual membership.
- 2nd place– 4 tickets to the Moon Over Maclay Jazz Concert, Sunday October 16, 2016 and 1 Friends of Maclay Gardens annual membership.
- 3rd place– 2 tickets to the Moon Over Maclay Jazz Concert, Sunday October 16, 2016 and 1 Friends of Maclay Gardens annual membership.
- 1st place– $50.00 and 1 annual membership in Friends of Maclay Gardens
- 2nd place– $25.00 and 1 annual membership in Friends of Maclay Gardens
- 3rd place– $10.00 and 1 annual membership in Friends of Maclay Gardens
The winners of the Adult/Business and Youth categories will be posted at the Visitor Center in Maclay Gardens State Park on October 10.
The People’s Choice award is $75.00. Park visitors have the opportunity to vote for the People’s Choice scarecrow from October 7 through the 23rd. The Peoples Choice award will be announced on October 24.
- Scarecrows must be in good taste and not reflect controversial, social, or political situations
- Scarecrows must be constructed to withstand a variety of weather conditions.
- The Gardens reserves the right to refuse any scarecrow entry, or remove any that may deteriorate or become unsightly.
- No handouts, promotional materials, or free giveaways can be associated with any entry.
- No live plants or mulch may be used in any displays.
- Scarecrows must be brought to the Gardens, by appointment, either October 6 or October 7, between the hours of 9:00 AM and Noon for set up. Each entrant is responsible for the installation of their scarecrow(s). Weekend set ups will not be scheduled.
- The gardens will provide a metal mounting post (re-bar) and designate a location for each scarecrow, which should be assembled prior to delivery to the park.
- Exhibits may not exceed 10′ X 10′ X 10′. The gardens will provide a standard sized sign to identify the entry. On the sign will be the name of the scarecrow entry and the name of the individual or group who created it.
- Scarecrows will need to be picked up and removed from the Gardens by 5:00 PM November 1, 2016